Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Treat's On Me . . .

. . . The Joke's On You!


Well, well! How many of you were taken in by the e-mail I sent out this morning? The Joke's On You! It's April Fool's Day, remember?






Nah! ... Nah-Nah! ... Nah! ... Nah!





There have been some very interesting rumblings after my e-mail went out to you guys. Some immediately recognised it as an April Fool's Day Joke, others were not too sure and played it safe by telling me they thought it was a joke while at the same time making sure they do not miss out on a good thing by placing their orders as well. Still, yet others, were in limboland and waiting for someone else to take the lead - so that they would appear a lesser fool?

Thank you too, Christopher, for helping to play out this joke on the people!

Hope you all had a good laugh! I will keep the names of those who were taken in in private. So, no harm done!



"I am one hell of a lucky fellow. I have been keeping this to myself since Sunday evening and now that I have my money safely tucked away in my UOB Bank account I feel a whole lot safer sharing this piece of really wonderful news with all of you.

Last Saturday, I had some friends over for a weekend get-together. We had a great time catching up with each other while our children had a good and fun-filled game of soccer at the nearby park. We ended the day with a most-wonderful barbeque.

When I hit the bed later that evening, I immediately dozed off effortlessly. Just at about 3am in the morning, I had the strangest of dreams. There appeared before me were 4 huge numbers. They blinkered and turned while I watched in awe at the enormous size of them.

Then a low but clear voice spoke out from behind the numbers. It said, "Remember these four numbers. They are your lucky numbers". Then the voice went silent and I shot up from my bed, still reeling from the experience.

I took no chances and wrote down the four numbers and went back to sleep.

Next morning, I woke up at 7.30am and went about my usual routine. Then I remembered the dream and went back to the side of my bed to pick up the note I scribbled during the night. It was a number that had brought me luck before when I strike about $500 or so, I think.

Anyway, while looking at the note, I decided that I would bet whatever amount of money that was inside my wallet, on that number, for that Sunday's 4-D draw. I checked my wallet and there was about $150+ inside.

I was ready, mentally, to part with the $150. So off I went to lay my bet. I placed a $50 Big and $100 Small bet on the number. Somehow I did not feel the pinch of having to part with that sum of money and I did not give any further thought to it.

That evening, while I was going through my son's schoolwork and preparing him for school the next day, I just felt the urge to check the 4D results on teletext. I switch over and I immediately felt my heart thump non-stop when I saw what was on the tv screen.

There in front of me was my number, 1660, right at the top, the top prize for Sunday. I knew exactly that it translated to a cool $400,000. I am all of $400,000 richer. The funny thing is, I did not jump up and down screaming my head off like I always imagine I would, should I ever strike the big one. I was as cool as a cucumber, smiling silently and letting the heart take in all the excitement.

I went to collect my winnings yesterday and it is now safely locked away in the bank. Even my wife did not know about my winnings until after I collected my money yesterday.

There is good news for you too!

I am going to give you guys a lunch treat this afternoon. Place your order before 10am and it will be brought to your doorsteps at lunch. You have the option of choosing MacDonalds, KFC or Pizza Hut. Order as much as you can consume.

Furthermore, this weekend, I am inviting all of you to Yan Palace for a 10 course dinner and Karaoke session. For the Muslims, we'll pay a visit to Muthu Curry next week. How about that?

I'll see what else I can do to share my joy and luck! Meantime, don’t forget to place your lunch order, by 10am this morning. Perhaps you can appoint a representative from your team to pass me the orders".

3 comments:

  1. That was a good April Fool joke by the fact that 4D prize money ($142,009)indeed is tempting to believe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...ha....it's joke of the month, Happy April Fool's day !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great time especially with the many who came to me to check out if this was a joke or not.

    The prize money is a dead giveaway isn't it? $142,009 as in 1/4/2009 - ha! ha! ha! ha!

    ReplyDelete