Wednesday, March 11, 2009

News In The Net


Cheating parents help son win in RC colouring contest.

"During a Resident Commitee Block Party cum Children Colouring Contest I am appalled that some of the parents were helping their children doing the colouring contest.

"I spotted this couple doing the colouring contest on behalf of their son who went playing at the nearby playground and totally not interested in completing the piece of work.

"While the RC members went around looking at other kids doing the colouring, they didn't give a warning to this couple for doing it on behalf of their son.

"Worse, they weren't disqualified."Later, the father submitted the entry to the judge when the deadline arrived.

"Not surprisingly, their son won a prize for not doing the work himself, and the father had the cheek to take a photo of his son's work on stage while receiving the prize, and they even posed for photo-taking."


*********************************************


New EZ-Link card such a hassle: Why can't remaining $3 be counted?

A Netizen thought that cards are supposed to make life in this cashless world more convenient, but he finds the minimum stored value of $3 for EZ-Link cards to be a hassle instead.

He said:

I was surprised to find out that I had to top up my EZ-Link card even though I had over $2 left in it.

When we were still using the old card, I remember that you can still use it, even though the stored value in the card is less than the fee for your journey. Then all you need to do is pay the amount you owe them the next time you top up the card.

But for this new EZ-Link card, it's so troublesome for the commuters because even if you have the minimum $3, you can't use it, which doesn't make sense to me."

When I asked the SMRT staff, he just shrugged, as if he too couldn't understand the logic of it all, and handed me a brochure, telling me 'I can't explain it to you, it's a ruling by LTA'.

The explanation given in the brochure is that the $3 is to ensure that commuters have the required fare even for the longest journey.
Liverpool (4) - - - Real Madrid (0)

No comments:

Post a Comment