Monday, March 9, 2009

Sharing - Packing Parachute from Koh Sai Fong


Some of you may have came across this article somewhere before in it's many forms, whether in text format or powerpoint or even heard it being preached from the podium. It does not matter. What matters is, that such inspirational messages get passed on and on and on and on . . . . .

I did come across it about two years ago and receiving it now from Sai Fong begs me to ask a very simple question. "What has it done for me?"

To be honest, even though it did touched me the way the message was meant to touch the receiver, I was like any normal busy and always-in-a-hurry Singaporean, allowing it to soon leave me to reside at the back of my memory, never to be taken out again, like so many other things we learned in life.

It is therefore a good time to take stock and ponder for a while, what are the life's lessons we have learnt and more importantly, what have we done with these lessons?

How very often we go about our lives as if nothing around us matters more than the clothes we wear, the food we eat and the safe cloistered surroundings we are so comfortable with. Is life all about being self-centered?

This article comes at a good time for us to momentarily stop whatever we are doing, and ask ourselves these simple questions. The economic uncertainties enveloping the whole world today makes it necessary for us, we who are still surviving the turmoil, to take a look around us and see if there are others out there who needs our help, our listening ears, the warm touch of the hands or the quiet silence to show our empathetic concerns, or, just very simply, to let these poor folks know that we do care.
Another group of people that matters just as much as these poor folks are our colleagues in the department. I did mentioned in another post here that we ought to take into consideration that we are going to be working side by side with each other for a long time and it is best that we take the trouble to get to know each other better.

For all you know, anyone out there could potentially be the ones who pack our parachutes.

I am not able to attach the powerpoint file that Sai Fong sent me. It is a very beautiful one. I can sent it out via your lotus accounts or your private e-mail accounts if you like. Drop me a note and I will respond to you.

My apologies to Sai Fong.

If there is anyone out there who knows how to make a pps attachment, please come and help me out.

For the time being, you'll have to make do with this url address which I managed to pull out from the web.

Go to this link, http://powerpointparadise.com/frame.htm and look for the title: 'Who's Packing Your Parachute?" by Charlie Plumb (below). It's not as good as the one Sai Fong sent me but it will do just as well.

Follow these steps:









No comments:

Post a Comment